By: Brendan Fitzpatrick
Hi all.. in this article I will attempt to describe what you need to do nowadays vs. years ago to build traffic to your site. Years ago just about anything you did for your website gained you more traffic. Whether it was adding links to link directories, created tons of content (in some cases ‘invisible’ content!), adding tons of keywords you would jump up in search engine rankings.
Nowadays the search engine crawlers are alot smarter, you have to worry about adding too many keywords (spam), being in the wrong directories (blackhat issues), content not loading for above the fold content (what?) but more importantly relevance and fresh content. The purpose of this article is not to educate or help you with SEO concepts, it will provide you with some basic guidance on the areas that you need to focus on daily to stay competetive, each website will have it’s own unique version of daily activity to boost it to the top in search engine listings!
Here we go, if you do not have a daily plan similar to the one listed below then chances are you will never catch up to your competitors:
Every day (7 days/week):
1. 2 new website updates (can be anything, the more relevance the better, ie. add new products, add a news article, blog entry etc.)
2. 2 social media posts (1 in afternoon, 1 in evening)
1. competitor analysis (30 mnutes, what keywords/phrases are your top competitors beating you with?)
2. think of something new/unique for site to increase traffic (new social network, new section etc.) – focus on beating our competitors keywords/phrases that they are out performing you with
3. Review google and bing /webmaster, fix issues and follow their recommendations
4. QA site – review trends, html, duplicate titles, META tagging, nofollow & alt tags etc.
5. improve advertising (google adsense etc.)
Tuesday & Thursday
1. 1 article idea, purchase & update site (content .. content .. content .. relevance.. relevance.. relevance…!)
2. research new backlinks.. contact sites to add links to your site
1. video idea, purchase
*could be for a specific product or set of ideas, how-to’s, skits etc.
2. review your advertising ads, replace those that are underperforming
3. come up with new graphic content – for articles, better layout etc.
1. add 3 internal links
-about us page, links page, article updates, homepage rotation of links
2. review social presence and statistics
3. submit new sitemap.xml to search engines
4. review backlinks, remove bad backlinks
The biggest change in SEO in recent years is your social presence, the reason why we recommend at least 2 social posts every day. Even more important is your content relevance which is why we also recommend daily content updates. Every website is different and needs different updates depending on it’s topic, but think of it this way, if you’re making 2 content updates a day and 2 social posts but your competitor is making 4 content updates and 5 social posts a day they will beat you in that area as far as search engine rankings are concerned, so your competitor analysis should help you define the actual number of updates on a regular basis that you should be performing.
For a professional review of your website SEO at a veryy cheap rate you can order my service on Fiverr.com here https://www.fiverr.com/bfitz70